This site is owned by HMKay Legal Limited, a limited company registered in England & Wales (Company Number 09382213). Our Registered office is Clavering House, Clavering Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3NG. HMKay Legal Limited maintains professional indemnity insurance with Markel (UK) Limited. Please contact us if you require any further details.
The information posted on this site is general in nature and, at times, may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate. Nothing on this site constitutes legal advice. We advise you to consult HMK Legal direct on any specific problem or matter. We accept no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this site.
We make no representations whatsoever about any other web sites which you may access through this site or which may link to this site. When you access any other web site you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over the content or availability of that web site. In addition, a link to any other site does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a web site and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other web or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its web site administrator or web master.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this site are protected by national and international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. We or other third party licensors are the owners of the intellectual property rights in all trademarks service marks trading and other names logos designs content drawings illustrations photographs videos graphics and/or software referred to or contained on our site. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from our site including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
5. Acceptable Use Policy
You agree to use the site as permitted by these Terms and for lawful purposes only. In particular, you agree not to:
- use the site to receive, access or transmit material that is obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, threatening, degrading, racist, in breach of confidence or in breach of third party intellectual property rights (including copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful;
- impersonate any person, or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- access or attempt to access parts of the site that you are not authorised to access;
- interfere with the use of the site by other users;
- use the site to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems or interfere with services to other host providers, networks or websites;
- use the site to knowingly or recklessly transmit material (including viruses) or otherwise use the site so as to cause harm to the site, HMKay Legal Limited or other users or which is likely to bring the site or HMKay Legal Limited into disrepute; or<l/i>
- intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while using the site.
We will do our best to maintain the operation of the site in accordance with these Terms. However, we cannot guarantee that the site will be technically suitable for viewing on your computer or that the site will be delivered to you uninterrupted in a timely manner, secure or error-free.
You are responsible for providing all computer equipment, mobile phone equipment and telecommunications service required to use the site. We cannot and do not accept any responsibility for these and cannot guarantee the continued availability of any other person or services involved in providing the site to you.
The Internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee that the site and the server are free of computer viruses or other harmful applications. We recommend that you regularly update your browser software and use up-to-date anti-virus software to ensure that your access to the site is as secure as possible.
Your access to the site may be occasionally restricted due to events beyond our reasonable control or to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Where this happens, we will attempt to restore the site as soon as we reasonably can.
To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any website linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
7. Terminations and Suspension
We may cancel or suspend your access to the site if:
- you breach these Terms or misuse the site; or
- you have behaved in a way which objectively could be regarded as inappropriate or is unlawful or illegal or which would bring HMKay Legal Limited into disrepute.
9. Governing Law
These Terms and your use of this site are governed by English law. Disputes arising out of these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10. Contact us
If you are in doubt as to the accuracy and currency of any information posted on or downloaded from this site, or if you require any further information, please contact us at .
This page was last reviewed on 25 May 2018.